This recipe uses individual gluten-free flours and starches to make perfect gluten-free waffles.
How to Make Crispy and Light Gluten-Free Waffles
- 1 cup finely ground white rice flour (4 ounces; 113 grams)
- ½ cup cornstarch (2 ounces; 56 grams)
- ¼ cup sweet rice flour (2 ounces; 56 grams)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (1 ounce; 28 grams)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 ¼ cups milk (10 ounces; 283 grams)
- 2 large eggs (3 1/2 ounces; 100 grams)
- ¼ cup vegetable oil (1 3/4 ounces; 50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- non-stick cooking spray
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together white rice flour, cornstarch, sweet rice flour, baking powder, granulated sugar, salt, and xanthan gum. Add milk, eggs, oil, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
Heat waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions. Spray iron generously with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon batter onto hot iron (amount of batter will vary depending on your iron) and bake until golden brown and crisp.